Thursday, November 13, 2008

The rumors are true!

Since Aaron is putting his 2 week notice in today, I can officially write about it! Aaron got a great job offer at an accounting firm in Bellevue. After much deliberation we decided to take it! He starts December 1, which is SO SOON (but we have know about it for a few months).

We have a lot of mixed feelings about this because 1) we have to sell our house (YIKES). The market is very grim right now. The house has been "on the market" for 3 weeks and not ONE showing. 2) We love Spokane, our ward, our friends...wahhhhhhhh. 3) Housing in Seattle is outrageously high!

On the plus side, the job will be better, better pay, close to family (ie grandparents, sisters, cousins, aunts etc) good career move,
not to mention GREENERY!

So Aaron will be living at his parents house (who happen to live right near Bellevue) and I will be living at our house with the kiddies until it sells! Pray hard that it sells sooner than later because I don't know how long I can be a single mom! West side here we come!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so happy for you, but that that we aren't still living near there! I always thought James would like working in Bellevue, to shorten his commute. You should look in Maple Valley. It's a darling town....great lds community. But then I'd really be sad.

Congrats to you though and yay for change and new jobs!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your new house!

Shaila Lou said...

Congrats! That sounds so exciting. I hope all will go smoothly for you. Being away from the hubby is no fun!

Stefani said...

Shoon, I am praying hard for you... I know it's gotta be a frustrating time to sell. But if it's right something will happen. I just wish you were moving to the west side of CA instead of WA.

The Yancey Family said...

Wow! Congrats! Good luck with your house, we'll be thinking about you!

Bowles said...

Congratulation on the new job! Welcome to the Westside! I am sorry that you have to sell your house. That is a bummer. Also that you have to do it on your own. So sorry about that.
Good luck, hope it all works out fast!