Monday, August 20, 2007

Bye Sweet Great Grandma!

My Grandma Christensen (mom's mom) died yesterday morning peacefully. She died of old age, and that is about it. She has been weak and frail for many years and has been ready to "go" for over 5 years. Her first husband and the love of her life died 18 years ago so it has been a trying and lonely years for her. She did remarry but he has also passed on. I will miss my sweet grandma...she was always so inviting, so patient (she raised 9 children) and loving, a great cook, very compassionate, so "together" she ALWAYS remembered names of EVERYONE AND birthdays! She always sent cards (without looking at the calendar). She had 75 grandkids, 102 great grandchildren and a few great great grandchildren! It's amazing to think all those people happened because of her! She lead a wonderful fufilling life and will be missed greatly. I am so happy for her though, she is now with her husband and family that has passed on. She must be so thrilled! I will miss you Grandma C!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's bitter sweet, when we lose someone we love, but know they are feeling much better and with their loved ones on the other side.

Megan said...

I can't believe one person can multiply into so many. She must have been amazing. I'm happy for her, but sorry for your loss. How old was she?

Shannon B said...

You guys are so sweet...thanks! Megan S, she was 87, so she was pretty old. Isn't it funny to think that just one person has so much effect on everyone (like multiplying into so many). We will have that effect some day too (maybe not as many as her) it's cool to think about!

shannon j said...

Grandmas have such a sweet place in our lives. I'm sorry for your loss.