Thursday, September 20, 2007

This n That

Not too much news, just some thoughts! On Sunday Syd wanted to bring her new water colors to church so she could use them in Sacrament meeting. I told her no way because it will make a big mess. She said "and we REALLY shouldn't make a mess in God's house." I thought it was cute that she totally got it. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I have been baby sitting like mad (and not making money because I do it for free to help my friends who are struggling) but I feel like I am a mean mom and not really nice to my kids or the kids I am baby-sitting. Where is my patience!?

We went house hunting yesterday. We didn't fin anything that we HAVE to have, but it was really fun. We saw one that was in Mead (which has the best school district in Washington, OR so I read) and I REALLY liked the house and it was on a half acre but it was only a 2 bed 1 bath. WAY too small! We hope to buy with the next year and hopefully sooner. Our realtor is really nice (he is LDS) and really patient with us so that is nice.

It's raining here today and I am really not used to the cold because it has been so hot here for so long (not like Arizona though). I actually turned the heat on for a while this morning to take the edge off! Time to get out the down comforter!

This weekend will be so fun! Tyler and Taya and Shannon and Dave (maybe, haven't confirmed yet) are coming to play and to go to the temple! YEAH for family coming!!!! Next weekend me and my 2 friends are driving to Seattle (WITHOUT KIDS!!!) and just having a girls weekend out! We are staying at Greg and Bonnie's house and going to IKEA!! Happy day! I will tell ya all about it later! TTFN.
SHAN

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Shan, I'm so glad you get a break without the kids. Highlight of my year was my childless trip to Utah. I've babysat everday this week too, but I got paid for a few of the hours. I need a break from it too! Between babysitting and regular life stuff my kids haven't spent any time chillin with Mom!

Megan said...

That's so sweet that what you're teaching your kids is finally sticking! You're a great mom. We miss you!

shannon j said...

I was sad we weren't able to come to your place this weekend! I hope you have fun with your girls this weekend at Ikea!

Shannon B said...

I know...whats up with that!?!?!?! :0) We missed you tons. Maybe next time. How was the temple?